Saturday, February 14, 2015

Tips on How to Stay Youthful



I went to see my chiropractor the other day. He is a great guy, has a wonderful sense of humor, and always makes me feel good. I was in for my free birthday back crack and the office gals wished me a happy birthday. Then the Dr. wished me a great day, and asked me how I kept my beauty, and youthful vitality. I told him I owed it all to my chiropractor! He laughed, I thanked him for the compliment and said that I just feel young.

Then I thought about it. My body may be fifty-five, but in my mind, I am still in my thirties. I don’t feel as though I am ready for the senior discount. However, I will take it. I may creak a little bit, and have white hair, but I am not old!

Continuing to ponder the “how do you stay so young” question I came up with a few answers.

First, don’t think about being old. I think I’m in my thirties, probably act like I’m in my twenties so I don’t feel old.

Second, do hard to recover from things when you are young. I did all the stupid things like smoking, drinking too hard, and just doing the wrong thing at the wrong time when I was young. I had plenty of vitality to overcome the hangover, recover from the 2 pack a day weekends. Over doing it was OK, I was young and could bounce right back.

Now that I am older, one or two drinks and I’m good. I don’t smoke any more, although a good cigar every once in a while is fine. I do eat too much, but am working on cutting down. Not something to try when older,  but I’m slogging through it.

Third, and I think the  most important is laughter. I laugh all the time, and try to make others laugh too, if I can make someone laugh, it makes my day. I laugh at myself – all the time, and have no problem laughing at myself if I do some dumb or foolish thing. I never take myself too seriously. I’ve seen people that do, and I feel sorry for them. You have to have joy in your life, and that includes laughing.

So there are my how to stay young tips. Oh, I almost forgot the fourth and most important  thing – have a great chiropractor.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Ha! So now I know your secret!