Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Elusive Beast

They leave their marks everywhere. In the house, the car, the shop.
Bits of themselves, left for me to clean up, when I see them.
Dregs of something hanging in corners, up in the far reaches of
my cathedral ceilings. It takes a ladder to capture these things.
Things left by Things I have never seen. These elusive beasts
create havoc when visitors approach. Did they leave a gift
I will be ashamed of if my guests spot it? Did they trail after
me as I cleaned, and leave their mark?
I have yet to see one, I don't think anyone ever has.
This beast is more scarce than Big Foot, the Loch Ness Monster
and Area 51 sightings all wrapped up into one.
No color, size, or shape can be given this beast. While
everyone sees what is left behind, no one sees the Thing.
This Thing called a cob, that leaves cobwebs. I live with
the elusive beast as best I can.

1 comment:

Jane Poole said...

Cute. Never see those cobs.