Saturday, March 30, 2013

Email Shmemail



I ordered something from whateveritis.com, once. That was a big mistake. I received a thank you for setting up an account with us email. I received a thank you for placing an order email seconds later. I received an email that told me they would email me when my order was shipping. A few days later, I was blessed with an email telling me my order number, and a tracking number for my shipment, although it had not been shipped just yet. A day or two later, I once again opened my email to find another whateveritis.com piece of correspondence. This time, I received my order number, my tracking number, and confirmation of shipment. About a week later, I received one more email stating I should have received my package by now (I had), and they hope I was enjoying my product (hadn't used it yet).

Then the merchandising emails began. Now, I know this is their advertising, and someone, someday may buy something else from them, but it isn't going to be me.


No longer wishing to subscribe to whateveritis.com email lists, I scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the unsubscribe line, and click on the words "if you wish to unsubscribe from future mailings, click here". Done, new window opens, and tells me to please enter my email address. Done, now, another window opens asking me if I want to unsubscribe to only whateveritis.com emails, or all related emails. I check the all box. Then a window opens to tell me I am now unsubscribed from any future emails, however, this will take up to a week, and I may still get emails already scheduled to be sent during that time. I get that, although why they can get me on their list in seconds and not off in seconds is beyond me.

I check my emails later in that same day, and lo and behold, there is an email from whatevwritis.com. "This email has been sent to you to let you know that you, or someone has removed your email address from our email list. If you did not do this, or wish to continue receiving emails from us, please click here, and you will be directed to your account settings page where you can reset your email preferences."

Delete, delete, delete!

No comments: