Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What an eventful day! An entire day of writing, talking about writing, then writing some more. The Cedar Creek Writers hold a one day retreat once every 3 months. One of our member's hosts, we all bring snack foods - no time for a real meal - we must write, and then we each find a cozy nook to sit and create. We share goals for the day, what we hope to accomplish, then get to it.

We take an exercise break several times during the day, and of course, we snack to our hearts content. We do get a lot of writing accomplished, reach and often surpass our goals for the day.

I love it! One member takes one day a month as a personal writing retreat day, I must do that. However, the call of my washer, dryer, and unfinished projects at home tend to be too strong, but I will try. Book 2 of poetry, here I come.

No comments: