Friday, May 24, 2013

Pressure

The pressure is now starting to build.

Telling friends and family about any project helps goad the projector on, to complete, to be accountable. Well, I am now very accountable to not only friends and family, but to hopeful investors in my Dear Mother, book project.

I have utilized Kickstarter.com, and put my long thought about project out for the world to see, and maybe garner the much needed funds to help complete this, what I think, is an awesome book.

My book is comprised of letters written by adoptees, to their biological mothers. Mothers they have never met. I am sure there will be lots of thank you letters, but equally important are the how could you letters, the I hate you letters, and any letter that allows the adoptee to express their emotions to someone they have never met, and probably will never meet.

I was adopted, taken home from the hospital by my adoptive parents. I had a wonderful life, never did meet my bio-mother or bio-father. I did however want to thank her for putting me up for adoption. Couldn't, so I figured there might be others wanting to do the same thing. The idea was launched.

Now I need letters, and photos, and lots of time. Some money too.

Please check out the project, even if you don't want to invest, just to support it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850444810/dear-mother-letters-from-adoptees-to-biological-mo

So, the pressure is on to get this project written, completed, and published. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: