Monday, February 13, 2017

Procrastination

Procrastination, it takes imagination
to put off needed chores, for something not to bore.
Who said I had to clean the dishes? Let me now, begin my wishes.
Wish I were with a drink in hand, listening to a timpani band.
Cool water, warm beach, happily, easily within my reach.
Now laundry is piling up, let me go refill my cup,
Oh wait! I see a bit of dust, off to clean it, if I must.
The windows filled with streaks and grime,
Easily forgotten when viewing snail slime.
Since I am now outdoors it seems
my wishes have turned into dreams.
For picking up dog mess, turned into much less,
as I pluck flowers from new budded iris.
These things I must do, nothing ever new,
fill my life with mundane and the drab.
Did I hear mention of housewife rehab?
New ways to clean, faster machine
to sweep, iron, and polish. Oh yeah!

My day is done, I'm through with the fun,
or the boring, and stale and dull.
I put off my chores, and while my husband snores,
must plan for tomorrow, with great sorrow,
to fill one day with two days of chores.

No comments: