Sunday, July 6, 2014

Have A Good One

More often than not, a sales clerk, or someone who has helped me find something in a store will end our relationship with "Have a good one."

Now, I know they mean have a good day. Both words have just three letters, so it's not a matter of trying to shorten the length of time til departure, so what is it?

I could have a good buying experience, a good time at the check out counter, a good drive home. . .

If you think about it too much, which evidently I have, why stop at one? Why limit myself to a good one? I would rather have lots of good days, good meals, good whatevers.

The next time someone says have a good one, I'm going to ask them have a good what? That can then be fodder for my blog.

Oh, by the way, have a good one!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Let's hope someone says it soon! I hadn't noticed this greeting before. Maybe if someone says it to me, I'll answer, Thanks and you have four.