Friday, April 23, 2010

Poetry


 

This is the way I was born, an artist, a writer

I love it, even though I've never been published

Short stories, erotica and my favorite – poetry,

villanelles, haiku, the ode and sestina.

To play with words, I'm addicted, a junkie

the meter, the verse, the form and the rhyme.


 

Nothing beats hours spent working on the rhyme

compiling the words in my life as a writer

my daily fix, writing draws me like a junkie

To write my best, to become published.

The meter of nonsense, the lovely sestina,

an art of design this form of poetry.


 

Short stories and novels have nothing on poetry.

To become the pleasant beat of the rhyme

and the metered syllable. The sestina

beckons me to paper and pen as a writer

who longs to be published.

For word play and iambic feet I'm a junkie.


 

It's a sickness this passion, a junkie

to forms, some obscure but poetry

none-the-less. The deep need, the lust to be published

Books and reference to help me rhyme

are a need for any great writer

But the oddity and fun of the crazy sestina


 

can be found here, among the sestina

files of this wigged out word junkie.

It's a passion, this life as a writer

delving into my life to pen poetry.

Rewrite and move the words so they rhyme

and get edited to get it all published.


 

A major accomplishment; to have published

an entire book of the mixed up sestina.

It will all make sense even without rhyme.

For this manic author, this junkie

I keep penning and hoping this poetry

will define me as an outstanding writer.


 

Oh to be published, a high for this junkie,]

to relinquish the need for sestinas and poetry

I'll keep up with the rhyming and be a great writer.

No comments: